Petit Flatbreads with Spiced Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, Dates & 18 Year Aged Balsamic
By Debbie Kornberg
This fun little bite is the perfect little appetizer! The Moroccan Ras El Hanout Roasted Sweet Potatoes pairs beautifully with the goat cheese, dates and 18 year aged balsamic.
1 medium sized Sweet Potato, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Spice + Leaf Ras El Hanout Moroccan Spice Blend
12 Naan mini flat breads
5 oz. Goat cheese
1 cup Arugula, chopped
6-8 dates, chopped, Madjool ideally
1-2 Tbsp. Spice + Leaf 18 Year Aged Balsamic
1/3 cup Toasted pistachios, chopped
Optional: buy some delicate edible flowers to place on top for an extra added elegance.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, add chopped sweet potato. Pour olive oil on top and mix well and then add Ras El Hanout Spice and mix again. Place on baking sheet with Parchment paper and roast for 15- 20 minutes. Until toasty brown.
3. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. Take Naan bread and place in toaster for 2 - 4 minutes to heat up bread making it warm and slightly toasty but still soft. Once Naan bread has cooled, spread some goat cheese on top. T
5. hen add some of the spiced sweet potatoes, followed by some arugula and dates.
6. Drizzle 18 year aged balsamic on top followed by sprinkling some chopped pistachios on top.
Optional, place edible flowers on top of pistachios.
Ready to serve!