Black Truffle and Shallot Mini Quiches
By Debbie Kornberg
This is a crowd pleasing, savory, vegetarian dish for every event!
1 cup of cream
1/2 tsp. SPICE + LEAF Black Truffle Salt
2 shallots, chopped finely
8 mushrooms chopped finely
1-2 Tbsp. white wine
1/2 cup shredded Parrano Cheese with Black Truffle (or 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano + 1/4 cup Dutch Gouda)
Parchment muffin cups
1. In a pan, sauté mushrooms and shallots until fully cooked. About 5 minutes.
2. At the end of sauté, add red wine to create a slight caramelized flavor. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine, eggs, cream and black truffle salt. Blend well. Place parchment paper muffin cups into muffin baking pan. Pour egg mixture into muffin pan, about half way full.
4. Scoop one spoon full of sautéed mushrooms and shallots into each cup. (Use a tea spoon.)
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each mini quiche.
6. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. Quiche tops should become golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Let cool 5 minutes and remove parchment paper